Friday, March 2, 2012

HAITI IS OPEN!

HOLA!!! I just wanted to tell you this excited news! I don't know if you have all heard this yet, but this week they ancounced to us that Haiti is open to missionary work! It will officially start on march 17, our next transfer day. From what I've heard, they'll take missionaries from this mission and probably the other Dominican Republic Missions and the Puerto Rico mission. I have no idea how it all works opening a whole country, but I'm guessing they take a few natives... espcially because of Americas position with Cuba, I don't think many Americans will go there. Well anways, we'll see!!


Everything has already gotten better, especially my attitude. I'm also learning so much patience it's ridiculous. really. You need a lot with a foreign companion. The people here never have any sense of a hurry... haha really... you probably understand. My companion really is a good missionary and so I'm learning lots. Lots and lots. My spanish is also improving tons. Really. I don't know if my speaking ability is really tons better, but my ability to understand is wayyy better. I can actually understand some of the things these crazy natives say here!! Haha. I'm also at the point now where I can almost understand most scriptures. I can read the book of mormon and actually feel like I'm benefitting from it! haha. That might give you an idea of where I'm at. 
I'll tell you a little bit about my schedule, so you can know how my days go...
6:30 wake up and exercise
7:00 get ready and eat breakfast.... not enough time AT ALL
7:30 study personal 
8:30 companion study
10:30 service or planning or whatever may be
12:00 lunch
2:00 language study... but for some reason my companion always thinks we should do something else, so I have little language study time basically... ever
3:00 leave to teach
9:30 return to the house to plan and go to bed
10:30 go to bed.

so we get 2 hours for lunch but no time for dinner. Kind of interesting. The town really does close down from 12-2. My companion says that mealtimes are VERY important here and you are never in someone else house during meal time. 

- Hermana Limb

No comments:

Post a Comment